What information we collect
We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses, business titles);
- Tracking information each time you visit our site or access links in our electronic communication so that FORC may gather general statistics; and
- Information you volunteer, via profiles, surveys, or purchase forms (for example member photos, biographical information, states or jurisdictions of licensure are posted for each member as provided by the member).
How we use the information we collect
We use this information to:
- Publish our online and printed membership directory
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our site and other communication tools, such as Journals and Alerts;
- Notify you of updates to our site;
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs; and
- Track usage of our site
Your right to control information
Members: In the password protected area of this website, which requires you to use your Member ID and password, you may do the following:
- You may edit your member directory and mailing information directly. You may add/edit/remove your photograph and biographical information from your member profile.
- You may choose to exclude your phone number, your fax number, your e-mail address, or your entire member record from the online member directory.
Members: By contacting FORC with your request by phone or by e-mail, you may opt to have your fax number, phone number, or entire record removed from website.
E-mail opt out for all users (members and non-members):
FORC sends Journals, Alerts, and Event notices via email to members and those that subscribe for information. At any time, you may reply to the email and ask to unsubscribe. You may opt to have your e-mail address removed from all directories and lists including communications from FORC.
Please click here to exercise your choice to opt out.
Postal Mailings and Email Mailings
If you supply us with your postal address and/or email address on-line, and subscribe to the FORC Journal, Alerts, Events, and Member Directory, you will receive these items from FORC per your preference of U.S. mail or email.
Security of Credit Card Information
FORC is fully committed to data security. We have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information you provide to us online. When you sign up for education or pay dues, our secure server software (SSL) encrypts all personal information, including credit card number/expiration date, name and address. FORC uses this information to process your order only. We do not use this data for any other purpose.
FORC is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any external Web sites that are used as links.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others.
Federation of Regulatory Counsel
This document was last updated on November 1, 2016