I am an AM Best Recommended Insurance Counsel-Regulatory and Compliance,
an AV rated (Martindale Hubbell 2016-19) and a NY Metro Super Lawyer (2016-2019) with a 40 year record of achievement, advising insurers, producers, corporate boards, MGUs, bail bond agents and TPAs on corporate and regulatory compliance. And now, I am proud to be 2020 President and Chair of the Federation of Regulatory Counsel, Inc. https://www.forc.org/, as well as the newest member of the Journal of Reinsurance Industry Advisory Panel and a member of AIRROC's new Digital Content Committee.
I am an accomplished corporate legal counsel, providing full service legal and business support across all operational areas and serving as counsel to clients of Law360 Top 20 Global Law Firms, applying my skill and negotiation talent with most state insurance regulators in both small and large-scale global business transactions involving both private and public companies. Well known in insurance companies in Japan and elsewhere, for whom I have done corporate acquisitions and/or reorganizations involving U.S. subsidiaries, large and small.
As an attorney, I have a proven track record, leading and implementing corporate governance and risk management, as well as partnering with and advising all levels of management and operations. I work effectively with competing deadline pressures and, as needed, "think outside the box."
• Corporate Transactions, governance and regulatory compliance
• Licensing, accrediting, qualification certification and passporting
• Due Diligence
• M&A and other change-of-control transactions
• Restructurings, including redomestications and alien branch domestication
• Offshore insurers and reinsurers
• Dodd-Frank Act and U.S. federal regulation of insurers and affiliates
• European Union and other international compliance matters
• Corporate governance matters
• Regulatory investigations and expert witness work
I am a Co-Author of “Lloyd’s in the United States,” Ch. 80, New Appleman on Insurance Law Library Edition, 2016 and a contributor to three chapters on the U.S. and international regulatory environment, of recently updated Reinsurance Professional's Deskbook, 2017-2018 ed., Thomson Reuters and DRI, 2017 and author of 200+ insurance journal articles internationally (including in the UK, Japan and Argentina).
I am also a member of the Insurance Law Committee of the City Bar and a member of the Accountants Resource Group-NYC and Nassau Co.