Scott Kosnoff loves his job. He’s a top-notch regulatory, transactional and public policy lawyer who has been making the world a safer place for clients for more than 30 years.
Scott advises insurance companies, regulators and others nationwide on:
*Artificial intelligence, Big Data and algorithms (advising clients on fast-developing regulatory and ethical standards, helping them participate in the development of those standards and protecting them from regulatory, litigation and reputational harm).
* Mergers, acquisitions and multistate regulatory approvals (Form A filings, Form E filings, public hearings, the whole nine yards).
* Reinsurance transactions and Insurance Business Transfers.
* International insurance regulation — including standard setting by the Financial Stability Board, the International Association of Insurance Supervisors and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development — and what it means for U.S.-based companies.
* State-based insurance regulation, including action at the NAIC.
* Federal legislative, regulatory and policy developments involving Congress, Treasury, the Federal Insurance Office, the FDIC and the Fed.
* Holding company and corporate governance issues, including board duties and disclosure requirements.
* Risk transfer arrangements between health insurers/HMOs and providers/health care intermediaries.
* Troubled company and insolvency matters.
* Suitability, the best interest standard, sales practices and compliance assessments/gap analysis.
* Market conduct and regulatory matters of all shapes and sizes.
Desert Island Must-Haves
U2, Star Trek, Iced Tea with Extra Lemon