Stacy Freeman provides legislative representation before the Georgia General Assembly and regulatory representation before state regulatory agencies. Stacy’s practice is located in Atlanta, conveniently located near the State Capitol and agency offices.
Stacy’s legal practice since 1999 has focused on representation of the insurance industry in state legislative and regulatory matters. His clients include a national property and casualty trade association, life and health carriers, property and casualty carriers, reinsurers and agencies. Stacy is a registered lobbyist, and has been registered as a legislative, agency and vendor (procurement) lobbyist.
Stacy’s insurance regulatory practice includes:
• rate and form filings;
• examinations, enforcement and disciplinary actions;
• company formation and licensing;
• revision of regulations;
• interaction with the Commissioner, Chief Deputy, Division Directors and other staff on a daily basis; and,
• frequent attendance at the national meetings of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
Stacy’s legislative practice includes:
• registering as a lobbyist;
• drafting, tracking and monitoring legislation;
• testifying at committee hearings and study committees; and,
• advocating for the passage, revision or defeat of legislation, including within the Governor’s Office.
In addition to representation of private industry clients, Stacy has represented Georgia Insurance Commissioners as a Special Assistant Attorney General under appointment by Georgia Attorneys General.
Stacy was born in Newnan, Georgia. After graduating from Emory University in Atlanta with a B.A. in 1990, Stacy attended Mercer University for law school in Macon, Georgia graduating with a J.D. in 1993. Since graduation from law school he has been practicing law in Atlanta.